Friday, October 15, 2010

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF

I was looking for a nice lens that totally focuses the subject and has a great blur effect on the background. As I have researched, the blur effect is called bokeh ("Japanese word for blur"). And I've learned that the aperture or f-stop is a great contributing factor to it. The higher the f-stop (the smaller the decimal number) the more light is absorbed. The lower the f-stop (the greater the decimal number) the less light is absorbed.

A friend  of mine suggested me to have a lens which has f/1.4.

I searched for online stores such as eBay and on GMarket. After series of searching, I discovered that there's a local photography store here in Cebu. The prices were not bad. And they offer different services and products on different brands.

So, I looked at their website ( I'll post the link at the end of this post ) and saw Nikon lenses. There's a 35mm f/1.4 which costs P12,000 and 50mm f/1.4 that costs P17,200. But there was one lens that caught my eye. It was SUPER CHEAP!!! (I guess. haha).

It's a 50mm f/1.8 AF that costs P6,400. It looks cool and sounds cool - price-wise. I was ecstatic to see such a cheap lens assuming all lenses are usually P10k above.

shot using Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR

There was no stopping me to get that. And ALAS, heaven was on my side. I had a a GREAT FAVOR when I told my parents about it, and they said OKAY!! nyahahaha!!!

Went to the store, purchased it. Attached it to my DSLR camera (I use the Nikon D90). And, OPEN SESAME!! The pictures I took were stunning as if taken by a professional photographer (nyahahahaha!! just AS IF.. hehe)

Here are the sample pictures I took from then and now:

Big Fat Red Pepper

Kazi - my niece

Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6

The pictures were amazing!!! But if budget is not an issue for you, go ahead for 35mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.4. Sometimes, I find the 50mm too zoomed and constantly I go back and forth to find the perfect view. But overall, it's worth it. Nice shots are achieved, and nice price too. 

If you are interested to buy this lens and other stuffs for your DSLR camera, visit The PhotoShop.



Note:
Please don't forget to click any reaction (funny, interesting, cool) below or write comments. I would totally appreciate that. Thanks . . .

4 comments:

st said...

dude! I know you...hey nice pics.!!!

DCruz8 said...

hahahahaha!!! how'd you find me? naks. hehehe!!! tanx te.astrid. =)

st said...

I was browsing everything 50mm...keep doing what you do.

DCruz8 said...

no kidding? hahahehehe.. ye. thanks... i'm still thinking of investing a lens like yours. hahaha!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...