Saturday, November 27, 2010

Before DSLR cameras . . . Digicams once RULED!

Surprisingly, DSLR cameras have been one of the must-have gadgets for adults, as well as for teens nowadays. Series of photography workshops are now offered, aspiring young people who like to model are even growing in number, and generally, everybody are becoming meticulous and particular on how they look on pictures.

To date, DSLR cameras are being updated and upgraded, and at the same time, new models are being produced from time to time to meet the rising demands and needs in the photography industry. And just recently, The Nikon D7000 was released with added enhancements and the much anticipated AUTO-FOCUS feature in video recording (That means, I'm no Canonian. Not really updated on Canon products. Maybe soon, I'll try to have one Canon DSLR camera. =p). 

Anyway, my focus on this new post, based on the title itself, is the key role of digital cameras, in short, digicams. As my memory could recall, it started 5-7 years ago, back when I was in college. For the first time, I was able to touch and use a digicam from a friend of mine. It was a Canon brand. 

Then, after a few months, my parents bought a Sony digital camera. It was amazing how you can just see the shots, then delete the unnecessary pictures. It was a total package of fun and convenience.

And during those times, digicams were crazy expensive. I can't even borrow my parent's digicam if I would like to use it for my trips and going outdoors for a day. And camera phones resolutions before were mediocre that time.

So, I got a Christmas gift last 2008 - a Sony DSC-S800 digital camera. It was a so-so camera. The flash is too harsh when used.  Taking pictures during the day were just okay. The one thing that was rolling in my mind during those times was - my camera is not at par with my parent's. I was frustrated. So, I didn't use it that much. 

Then few months after, it was August of 2009. I'm not sure what happened, maybe out of boredom I guess, I took my digicam and started taking pictures of anything I see in our house. Call it weird, but it was fun, bending and doing series of angles with sweats all over my face just to take pictures. When I saw the shots, I said, "My camera was not that bad after all." LOL. It was just a matter of tweaking and some adjustments.

So, here are the shots I took, on the month of August, in the year 2009.











Click here for more pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...